We get alot of questions from potential clients who would like to engage an SEO agency to help their company with their search ranking.
So, proper SEO boils down to the quality of your content you have on your website, and whether your content is what people are searching for online.
You may have heard alot about starting your own blog, writing your own content, and basically you will be searched online.
Well, that is true to a certain extent, if the fundamentals are in place.
So what are the fundamentals you may ask. For example, our company is called "Sky Digital Agency", and we first buy a domain name, you probably think to yourself, why is my website not showing up on the first 3 pages of google?
Here are 5 things you need in place:
1. You need to have a website uploaded, preferably more than a 1 page website. Start with 5 pages of content if you can.
2. Grab the 5 unique url of the pages, hopefully you have it properly coded with clean url formats.
Bad URL format: www.skydigitalagency.com/pageid=3?blog
Good URL format: www.skydigitalagency.com/blog/how-to-have-clean-url-formats
3. Submit your page URLs to Google and Yahoo - well, it is not difficult to do the url submissions, so do include yahoo if you can, though 67% of search are done on google.in a research done in 2014.
4. Make sure your navigation describes what you do. i.e. Expertise, F&B Case Study, etc.
Be as specific and descriptive as you can, so that your navigation and website architecture helps you to be search.
Make sure your navigations add to your clean format URLs when users click on them.
5. Mobile friendly website. If you do not have a mobile friendly website, you will be ranked lower when a search is done on mobile.
6. Install Google Analytics to your website. This helps you analyze your website visitors, and helps you to find out if you're making the right changes to get searched online.
7. The more content you have the better, as you want people to stay on your website for a longer period of time, and this is only possible with content that people are searching for.
There are so many more things you can do to improve your SEO ranking.
If you're interested to learn more about SEO & SEM: Fundamentals to Internet Marketing, we have our full day workshop Skills Future Approved & Claimable.
SEO & SEM: Fundamentals to Internet Marketing
Course Fee: $360 | 7.0 Hour (1 Full Day)
This hands-on workshop focuses on the fundamentals to internet marketing, sharing concepts, ideas, and practical internet marketing solutions available for businesses to leverage on, making you a better online marketer for your business or work by the end of the workshop.
To be a better marketer, we all need to understand about the multi-channels available online for you to drive traffic, and most importantly to convert leads (cost effectively and with the highest ROI possible) in all our different online marketing efforts from Google Adwords, Facebook Marketing to many others!
So, here's what you will learn during the workshop:
1. What is Internet Marketing?
• What is SEO?
• What is SEM?
• Buyer's Journey on the internet
• Marketing Strategy on the internet
2. Guide to Internet Marketing: Websites
• 9 Tips to having better conversions on your website
• 5 Tips to better Internet Marketing
• SEO: Create a keyword Strategy (Meta Keywords and Descriptions)
3. Landing Pages
• What are Landing Pages
• Learn how you can use Landing Pages effectively
• Why use landing pages to convert your audience instead of a website?
4. Creating a Landing Page Step by Step with Trainer
(No coding knowledge required)
5. Google Analytics Integration (Gmail Account is required)
• Important things to look out for in analytics
• How and what to understand about Google Analytics interface
6. Collecting Leads on Social Media
(Gmail account is required. Personal or corporate Gmail account)
7. Consultation with the Trainer
8. Question and Answer Time
Receive a Certificate of Completion at the end of the 3 day workshop.
What you need to know (for Singaporeans above 25 years old):
• This workshop is Skills Future Approved and Claimable.
• Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for instructions to sign up with your Skills Future Credits. No cash required. We recommend participants to sign up at least 5 working days prior to the workshop date. Approval by Skills Future Portal takes at least 2 working days.
• Course code on Skills Future Portal: CRS-N-0040462
What you will need to bring to class:
• Laptop & Charger
• Mouse & Mouse Pad
Workshop is Skills Future Claimable for Singaporeans above 25 years old.
Email us at email@example.com to enquire.